Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Challenge: Check Layout

I have a questions for those familiar with the tools and work-arounds of SSRS 2005. My task is to produce a report that has page(s) consisting of three parts that are equal divided vertically amoung the 11 inches of the report height. The first section on the top section has a a check on it. The second and third sections have two seperate yet identical tables.

The trick for this is that each table (in sections part two and three) must not leak into each other's section. Essentially each section has X amount of rows that are shown on each page with the next X amount of rows on seperate pages after that. The problem, as you can most likely guess, is that you cannot force a table to continue only into it's appriopriate section on the next page. I've tried many, many combinations of tricks to try and trick SSRS into working. I know that SSRS most likely doesn't support this directly, but I'm looking for a genius or just anybody who might have a work-around. I'll update this as I find out more. Please feel free to ask for more of an explaination if needed. Thanks!

Mguvu,

I can think of only one way to accomplish this. You'll need to limit the number of row returned by the data set by using a Top (X) clause in the select statement to return only the first few rows. To display the remaining row on a following page will require a filter of some sort on another data set. Not knowing your data, I can't say for sure how to do it, but I'm assuming you are sorting the data set by date.You might try creating the data set with enumerated rows then filtering out the rows displayed in the first table.

No comments:

Post a Comment