Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Connection cannot be made

Hello
I try to build my cube on localhost by VS2005, while the data source is on the other machine. When I deploy the cube, it gives me the following error msg:
The project could not be deployed to the 'localhost' server because of the following connectivity problems: A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. To verify or update the name of the target server, right-click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties, click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the server.
I tried to fix it by following the instruction, but it does not work. I think my target server should be localhost, since my cube is built on the localhost, is it right? And I check my MS SQL server 2005 has been upgraded to package 1.
I am new to VS 2005, and really appreciate any help.
Thank you so much!
Aurora

Did you install SQL Server Analysis Services?

Take a look in the SQL Server Configuration Manager and see if it is running.

Edward.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

|||I checked it already, it is running
|||

Can you connect to Analysis Server using SQL Management Studio? If yes, double check your project settings in BI Dev Studio. Try and use machine name instead of localhost as a Target server

Here is some information for you to troubleshoot connectivity problems: http://www.sqljunkies.com/WebLog/edwardm/

Edward.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

|||Thank you, I fixed it.|||Could you finger out how to fix it, please?sql

No comments:

Post a Comment