Monday, March 19, 2012

a

When I am using aggregations design wizard it is stopping at 49%, even through I am asking to go for 100% performance or choose until I stop option. This happens only to one cube, for other cubes wizard works fine. What could be preventing the wizard not to reach 100%? Thanks.

Hello. I have never hard of a scenario where you aggregate a cube to 100 percent. The recommendation is to use 20-30 percent aggregation because all aggregations start from the to.

Stay with 20-30 percent, that is sufficient.

Seems like you are using Analysis Services 2000 so your problem can be related to that you have not updated the counts for dimension members or the number of fact table records?

You do this in the editor for each dimension or the editor for the cube.

HTH

/Thomas Ivarsson

|||

I am using SQL 2005. You are right about not needing 100% aggregations in most situations. My question still is why the wizard not reaching 100% performance. Is this a bug? Is there any way I can calculate how many aggregations will be for 100% pre aggreagations? If I can calculate that number then I would know if the wizard is showing less than 100% but it actually got all the aggregations.

Thanks.

|||

Chris Webb has a really good Blog entry about this subject that you can find here: http://cwebbbi.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!7B84B0F2C239489A!907.entry

Regards

Thomas Ivarsson

No comments:

Post a Comment