Sunday, March 25, 2012

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred duri

Hi,

I am having such a problem. I have SQL Express installed on the windows 2003 server and originally I installed instance1 of SQL Server 2005. When I installed Instance1, I remember having problems with remotely connecting to that instance1, but somehow I fixed it. Now I installed instance2 and I started having remote connection issues again with that instance2. I am able to connect to instance1 but not instance2. I checked settings for both instances and they look identical.

I turned firewall off for now. I checked TCP settings using surface area configuration (allowing both local and remote connections). I turned off VIA protocol. I specified TCP properties to use dynamic port for that instance2.

In the sql native client configuration I have the following order#: 1. Shared memory, 2. tcp, 3. np, 4. VIA(Disabled). TCP is configured to use 1433.

I have no clue about what is going on. Sometimes I am able to connect remotely and sometimes I get the following error:

"A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.) (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)."

When I connect locally - everything connects fine. File sharing is also checked, it works etc...

Thanks for help!!!

GK

I just noticed that I was able to connect from different computer on the different network.

What kind of account are you trying to connect with, Windows or SQL? I'm guessing it is trying to do a windows authentication but the remote computer isn't authenticated to the domain.

|||

No. It is SQL server account. I connect remotely to the sql server on different network.

Thanks,
GK

|||

You say it only happens sometimes? It sounds like a timeout issue. Changing the connection timeout property in the connection string will temporarily solve your problem but it sounds like there is a greater underlying network problem between the client and sql server.

Connection timeout and other connection string properties:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.sqlclient.sqlconnection.connectionstring(VS.71).aspx

|||

I am connecting using Client Tools (Enterprise Manager).

You are correct about network problem. I am not sure how to configure network on the server.

It is not timeout.

Also, I am not the only one. It happends to everyone who just installed sql server 2005 with sql express. There so many posts on Google, but not a single solution.

Thanks,
GK

|||

Just to be clear, when you set up sql server 2005 you went in to sql security and cre-created all your logins?

Also, is there SSL or any other kind of extra security on the sql server?

|||

All the accounts have same privilidges, I connect using dbo.

No SSL or anything like that.

Thanks,
GK

|||

I asked whether or not you re-created the accounts when you installed sql server 2005. Did you actually go into sql 2005 and re-create all the accounts.

Also, here is a post that seemed to have helped a couple othershttp://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=984492&SiteID=1

No comments:

Post a Comment