Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A duplicate value cannot be inserted into a unique index

I'll first give the caveat that I've been away from this project for many
weeks (but at least it is my own creation). Having said that, I'm not sure
if this is a replication problem or exactly what I have on my hands here.
When I submit an Insert to a particular table, I can submit as many Inserts
as I would like with no exceptions -- until I replicate my changes back to
the server, then download that table again. It would appear that I have
identical data in both the SQLCE table and the SQL2k table, but for a reason
that I have yet to figure out, the downloaded table will no longer accept
Inserts. I get the message: "A duplicate value cannot be inserted into a
unique index. [,,,,,].
I do not have indexes on any of the columns. I do have a primary key. Any
advice would be appreciated.
It means you are trying to insert identical values into your PK.
"Earl" <brikshoe@.newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
news:uXndNKDNFHA.2020@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I'll first give the caveat that I've been away from this project for many
> weeks (but at least it is my own creation). Having said that, I'm not sure
> if this is a replication problem or exactly what I have on my hands here.
> When I submit an Insert to a particular table, I can submit as many
> Inserts as I would like with no exceptions -- until I replicate my changes
> back to the server, then download that table again. It would appear that I
> have identical data in both the SQLCE table and the SQL2k table, but for a
> reason that I have yet to figure out, the downloaded table will no longer
> accept Inserts. I get the message: "A duplicate value cannot be inserted
> into a unique index. [,,,,,].
> I do not have indexes on any of the columns. I do have a primary key. Any
> advice would be appreciated.
>
|||Nope. Identical values into unique indexed columns. I just dropped the
indexes for now.
"ChrisR" <noemail@.bla.com> wrote in message
news:uFug$fHNFHA.576@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> It means you are trying to insert identical values into your PK.
> "Earl" <brikshoe@.newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
> news:uXndNKDNFHA.2020@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment