Sunday, March 25, 2012

A couple of things with my new report

I have made a report in SRS and am not sure of how to do some of the functions I need.

In SQL I can use UPPER to convert to upper case, SRS doesn't seem to like this. The report runs but the line that is to be upper case is missing. If I remove the UPPER word from my query it works fine just displaying in lower case. Am I doing something wrong?

In Excel 2007 (I am converting my report from Excel to SRS) there is a function called NETWORKDAYS (Returns the number of whole working days between start_date and end_date. Working days exclude weekends and any dates identified in holidays. Use NETWORKDAYS to calculate employee benefits that accrue based on the number of days worked during a specific term.) Is there something similar I can use in SRS?


Thanks.

You should be able to use UPPER in your SQL, certainly works for me....

i.e.

Code Snippet

select
acct.accno,
UPPER(nonpers.name) as 'name',
term.amount,
term.eod_balance,

|||

Hello Joe,

There are 2 ways to fix your upper case requirement:

1. Like Will said, you can do it straight from your SQL query.

2. The equivalent function from within SSRS is UCase. Use it like this: =UCase(Fields!Field1.Value)

As for your other question, I think you'll have to write a custom function to handle that.

Hope this helps.

Jarret

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment