Sunday, March 25, 2012

A couple of easy questions

Dear all,
1)
I was wondering myself, how many characters can handle Sql2k when you define
a field? Such limitation is common for any object? I mean, tables, indexes,
jobs.
I've got an ASP application which allow the user create fields and I would
need to know that rule in order to define a maxlenght value.
2)
I had in my EM remote servers added but today they are dissapeared although
now are currently up. Does anyone ever experienced such behaviour? It coul
d
be a shutdown of that server or even if that server is off from the client
vanishes...
Thanks a lot for your suggestions,
Please post DDL, DCL and DML statements as well as any error message in
order to understand better your request. It''s hard to provide information
without seeing the code. location: Alicante (ES)Hi
1)
Lookup in the BOL for maximum and minimum ovjects limits article
2)
I have not, but did you refresh your EM?
"Enric" <vtam13@.terra.es.(donotspam)> wrote in message
news:514627E4-4715-41C6-B92B-B8913DC31D94@.microsoft.com...
> Dear all,
> 1)
> I was wondering myself, how many characters can handle Sql2k when you
> define
> a field? Such limitation is common for any object? I mean, tables,
> indexes,
> jobs.
> I've got an ASP application which allow the user create fields and I would
> need to know that rule in order to define a maxlenght value.
> 2)
> I had in my EM remote servers added but today they are dissapeared
> although
> now are currently up. Does anyone ever experienced such behaviour? It
> could
> be a shutdown of that server or even if that server is off from the client
> vanishes...
>
> Thanks a lot for your suggestions,
>
> --
> Please post DDL, DCL and DML statements as well as any error message in
> order to understand better your request. It''s hard to provide information
> without seeing the code. location: Alicante (ES)|||hi again Uri,
Yes, I did. How odd, isn't?
--
Please post DDL, DCL and DML statements as well as any error message in
order to understand better your request. It''s hard to provide information
without seeing the code. location: Alicante (ES)
"Uri Dimant" wrote:

> Hi
> 1)
> Lookup in the BOL for maximum and minimum ovjects limits article
> 2)
> I have not, but did you refresh your EM?
>
> "Enric" <vtam13@.terra.es.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> news:514627E4-4715-41C6-B92B-B8913DC31D94@.microsoft.com...
>
>|||
> Yes, I did. How odd, isn't?
Hi Enric, do you have 'Open object explorer and new query' in Tools/Options
dialog under Environment/General leaf?
I noticed that if object explorer is not mentioned in selected combo,
servers don't show up.
Peter|||Hi Rogas,
I don't see that option. From Entreprise Manager->Tools->Options I have two
leafs: General and Advanced. In General there is nothing related with you
said.
--
Please post DDL, DCL and DML statements as well as any error message in
order to understand better your request. It''s hard to provide information
without seeing the code. location: Alicante (ES)
"Rogas69" wrote:

>
> Hi Enric, do you have 'Open object explorer and new query' in Tools/Option
s
> dialog under Environment/General leaf?
> I noticed that if object explorer is not mentioned in selected combo,
> servers don't show up.
> Peter
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment