Sunday, March 25, 2012

A critical SQL Server problem

Hi,

Once, I wanted to attach a database to SQL Server by means of "CREATE DATABASE ... FOR ATTACH" command, in Query Analizer.

I encountered an error and attaching database failed.
(The error was something like this : "the phisical file 'FILENAME' maybe is incorrect")

But after going to Enterprice Manager, I realised that a database whitout a name was created.

Since then, I wasn't able to do any process in SQL Server whitout either not recieving an error or failing the process.

I decided to uninstall and reinstall SQL Server again.
But after uninstalling, whenever I want to reinstall SQL Server I get this error :

"A previous program installation created pending file operations on the installation machine. You must restart the computer before running setup."

Which restarting does not help.

Now :

1- What was the reason of creation a null-named database, and how can I prevent it next time?

2- What should I do to Install SQL Server again?

Ooh, that doesn't sound healthy at all. I think your best bet would've been to have dropped the database using something really similar to the script you used to create it.

Now that you've tried to uninstall SQL Server, I think things have got worse. You may need us to find registry entries for you to play with, and things like that (but I don't know them off the top of my head). If this doesn't help, you may find yourself needing to rebuild your system. :(

Rob|||

I tried to drop database in diferent ways but they didn't work. That was the reason of why

I unistalled the SQL Server. And I don't know how to deal with registry for this problem.

|||Very carefully, go through this article. I hope it helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312995

No comments:

Post a Comment