Tuesday, March 27, 2012

a faster way to update a big table

hi
well I am working on a project that our database has 2, 8000 record table that they have triggers on the update of their feilds
our application must update these tables but it takes a long time to do this
I know there is something named bulk insert but I couldn't find sth similar to this command for update
so would you please help me to find a faster way to update these tables?
thanks for your attention
Best Regards
EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com
hi,
netman Mo wrote:
> hi
> well I am working on a project that our database has 2, 8000 record
> table that they have triggers on the update of their feilds our
> application must update these tables but it takes a long time to do
> this
> I know there is something named bulk insert but I couldn't find sth
> similar to this command for update
> so would you please help me to find a faster way to update these
> tables?
nope.. update syntax is not overloaded with bulk operators..
if the cause of your delay is dependent on the trigger fired by the update
statement, you should perhaps check it's code... or... if you are sure the
updates you are performing do not involve the trigger check, you can disable
it before executing the statements..
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.bizhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.20.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.64.0 and further SQL Tools
-- remove DMO to reply

No comments:

Post a Comment